Blue Sky Treetop Retreat
Welcome to one of Brooklyn’s oldest and largest neighborhoods; Bedford-Stuyvesant from this fully furnished one bedroom apartment rental on Macon Street and Marcus Garvey Blvd. The apartment is situated on the third floor (second floor for Europeans) of an 18th century brownstone walk-up building. Located in the same building as the Urban Apple Suite (NY-15788), the Blue Sky Treetop Retreat is a private, secluded, and quiet locale. For safety purposes, there is an intercom system at the door, and guests have access to a ROKU box for added entertainment.
The owner is willing to provide any tips or answer any questions about the neighborhood!
The living room of this rental has floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of blue sky and lovely green treetops; with beautiful parquet hardwood floors and peaceful pale blue walls, as well as french doors that lead into the office/den area. Both rooms have decorative pressed tin ceilings. The Living Room is furnished with a sofa that doubles as a queen-sized bed, dining table, WiFi Internet, TV, desk, and air conditioning. The kitchen has a skylight and is fully equipped with a fridge, freezer, oven, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, and dishwasher. The bedroom has calming blue-grey walls, hardwood floors, and is furnished with a Queen-sized bed with bedding, and two large windows. There is a ceiling fan with lighting and a small door that leads into a crawl space for storage, as well as two walk-in closets.
Bedford-Stuyvesant is a historic Brooklyn neighborhood with a strong sense of community pride, and a wide array locally owned shops, businesses, restaurants, and more. Just around the corner you will find Peaches Hot House (0.4 mi/600 m), a popular and cozy local restaurant for Southern comfort food with Southern classics such as mac ‘n cheese, blackened catfish, and fried chicken. The Brooklynite Gallery (0.6 mi/1.0 km) is a non-traditional exhibit space that focuses on pop art prints and paintings with an urban edge. Indulge in some authentic Mexican food at Tepache (0.1 mi/160 m), serving up fajitas, burritos, and other well-known Mexican dishes at this snug eatery. Some other locations that are within reach from this listing include:
– Peaches: New York restaurant specializing in southern-style comfort food, just two blocks away (about 400m)! Also great for brunch. Spicy food lovers should be sure to try its sister restaurant Peaches HotHouse on Tompkins Avenue and Hancock Street, just slightly further.
– House of Art Gallery: Popular art gallery that is literally just around the corner from this apartment!
– Little Red Boutique: Popular woman’s clothing store, one street to the east.
– Fulton Street: Situated 3 blocks to the south (about 350m), this thoroughfare street has many shops and smaller restaurants for day-to-day needs.
– Von King Park: Small but animated park offering a baseball field and benches for relaxation. Located at Marcy/Tompkins Avenue between Greene and Lafayette Avenues. Accessible via foot or bus.
– A&A Doubles King: Trinidadian bakery offering delicious cakes and freshly baked goods. Located at 481 Nostrand Avenue. Accessible via foot or bus.
– M&M Community Laundry: Nearby laundromat on Tompkins and Hancock Street.
For public transportation around Brooklyn and into Manhattan you have two nearby subway stations that offer options through Brooklyn to Manhattan:
– The closest station is at Kingston-Throop Avenues and Fulton Street (.3 miles / approx. 400m away), serving the C train, making local stops.
– At Utica Avenue and Fulton Street (.6 miles / approx. 900m), there is both the express A train and local C train. The express train will take you to lower Manhattan in just 5 stops!
There is a citibike around the corner on Marcus Garvey Blvd. for those who would enjoy to see New York via bicycle.
Amenities: Air Conditioning,TV,Internet,Pets not allowed,Smoking not permitted,No elevator